Marilyn Mosby is the chief Baltimore prosecutor who became an icon overnight.
Facts about Mrs. Mosby:
- At 35, she is the youngest chief prosecutor of any major city in the United States.
- Born in Boston, her first real introduction to the criminal justice system was intensely personal. When she was 14, her 17-year-old cousin was shot dead on her doorstep.
- The former insurance company lawyer, who had never before held elected office, was a prosecutor for six years before beating incumbent State Attorney Gregg Bernstein in January.
- She comes from a family steeped in law enforcement. Her grandfather, four uncles and her mother were all police officers.
- She received her undergraduate degree from Tuskegee University and a law degree from Boston College Law School.