It is the quest of every person to own an attractive, glowing skin, but the full range of products on the market today can be quite misleading. Fortunately, there are natural beauty treatment routines to give that glowing skin you have always yearned for. Surprisingly, that pack of baking soda has the beauty secret ofgetting your skin radiant. Baking soda contains sodium carbonate to help in cooking and improve the appearance of your skin.
Enhancing Your Skin’s Appearance
When it comes to improving the appearance of your skin, your goals can be varied if you chose baking soda as the right ingredient. Some of the benefits you expect from skin enhancement include:
- Diminishing the appearance of pores
- Making your skin smoother
- Getting rid of skin discolorations
- Improving your complexion
The good news is that baking soda can help you achieve these goals and many more. Here are some of the ways through which baking soda can help you get a glowing skin:
1. Face Wash
Cleansing your skin is the most important step in every beauty practice and routine. Instead of going for sophisticated solutions, which can mess up the sensitive skin on your face, make use and get the best from baking soda in your kitchen cabinet.
- Just mix 2 teaspoons of baking soda with 1 teaspoon of lukewarm water to create a paste.
- Dampen your face with water and then gently massage the paste in circular motions for about 5 minutes.
- Rinse your face with warm water and pat dry for a glowing look.
It is important to take care of your eyes when using this treatment because it can cause irritation.
2.Exfoliating Your Skin
Baking soda is composed of fine particles that make it one of the best tools for exfoliating your skin. You can mix it with your favorite cream cleanser or use it on its own.
- Thoroughly cleanse your face with warm water
- Take a tablespoon of baking powder and gently massage your face, while targeting darker areas.
- Rinse your face with water and pat it dries for a flawless look.
- Repeat this on a weekly basis until you get the desired results.
3.Detox Facial Mask
As if exfoliating and cleansing, is not enough,can baking soda also help in eliminating toxins from your skin?Yes! Without causing any mess.
- Mix 2 teaspoons of baking powder with a teaspoon of water to form a paste.
- Slather the mixture on your damp face and leave it to dry thoroughly.
- Rinse with water and pat your face dry.
- Alternatively, you can take a detox bath by mixing a cup of baking soda with 2 cups of Epsom salt. Enjoy the warm bath once a week as you eliminate harmful compounds from your skin.
4.Lightening Facial Mask
If the sun has made your skin dull, baking soda in combination with lemon juice can help in reversing the changes for a brighter complexion.
- Mix a quantifiable amount of lemon juice with 2 teaspoons of baking powder.
- Add warm water until you get a thin paste
- Slather the paste on your face and allow it to dry thoroughly
- Rinse with warm water and pat your skin dry.
This should leave your face brighter with diminished dark spots.
5. Diminishing Blackheads
If your skin is prone to acne and blemishes then blackheadsmust be one of your primary bothers. Luckily, baking soda is the magic potion you should try in removing blackheads.
- Depending on the affected area, mix enough baking soda with warm water to form a thick paste.
- Gently massage the paste on the affected areas, including your face, neck and chest.
- Leave the paste to soak and dry for a few minutes before rinsing off with water.
- Pat your skin dry and step next to your regular skincare treatment routine
This should leave your skin brighter and flawless without those blackheads or dirt.
Irrespective of your skin type, or the skin conditions that often bother you, there is much you can get by doing baking soda a part of your beauty equation. You no longer have to part with an extra coin to get a glowing skin when baking soda lies idling in your kitchen cabinet. The procedures in working with baking soda on your skin are easy and take tinytime while the benefits are incredible and long lasting. Have a glowing, beautiful skin!
Video: Health Benefits of Baking Soda You Should Not Miss
Photo Credit: Google Images
About the Writer:
Adonia Dennis (@adoniadennis) is a professional Health, Beauty and Skin Care consultant. She utilizes her experience in writing about skincare information. She is also passionate about writing, health, fitness and diet. Her aim is to provide useful and helpful information, which is easy to understand by everyone. To learn more about Adonia, please visit her on Facebook, Google+, and Pinterest.