This DIY detox recipe is great for boosting your immune system and cleaning out harmful toxins. To make this one, just cut slices of lemon and lime, about two-five mint leaves (or however many you prefer). Mix in a 8-10 ounce mason jar or 8 ounce glass (with water). This is a really tasty drink and one that offers many wonderful detoxing benefits. Lemon and Lime provides the cleansing effect of citric acid to help clear out the digestive system. They’re also a healthy, and tasty, part of the typical weight loss diet. Mint helps the body digest more easily and it also soothes stomach cramps.
TOP TEN REASONS TO USE LEMON & LIME IN YOUR WATER ROUTINE:
1) Lemon/lime water helps purify and stimulate the liver. Lemon/lime water liquefies bile while inhibiting excess bile flow.
2) Lemon/lime water aids digestion. It’s atomic composition is similar to saliva and the hydrochloric acid of digestive juices.
3) The liver produces more enzymes from lemon/lime water than any other food, according to A.F. Beddoe, author of Biological Ionization as Applied to Human Nutrition.
4) The lemon/lime water helps bowels eliminate naturally and easily.
5) Lemons and limes are high in potassium. Potassium is an important mineral that works with sodium for smooth electrical transmission in the brain and nervous system. Depression, anxiety, fogginess, and forgetfulness can often be traced to low potassium blood levels. That same nervous system needs potassium to assure steady signals to the heart. So your heart health is improved from the lemon water’s potassium.
6) Calcium and magnesium are plentiful in good ratio to each other in lemon/lime water. Magnesium is important for heart health and calcium prevents rickets.
7) Lemon/lime water can help lower blood pressure.
8) Lemon/lime water has an alkalizing effect in the body as it is buffered. Even if you drink it just before any meal, it will help your body maintain a higher pH than if you didn’t drink it. The higher or more alkaline your pH, the more your inner terrain is resistant to minor and major disease.
9) Helps dilute uric acid, which if it accumulates it creates arthritic pain or gout.
10) Helps reduce phlegm in the body.
Source: Natural News.Com